Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS) is the worlds largest coal export port with in excess of 1,000 employees/contractors on site.
PWCS invited Beilby Downing Teal to tender for psychometric testing in April 2012. They had a key focus on improving safety, leadership, operational efficiency and culture. While their current contract was due to expire, they had specific concerns around:
- Testing validity – one test battery was used for all roles;
- Customer responsiveness – Service delivery was based in Brisbane;
- Pricing – there was no price sensitivity or flexibility; and
- Value-add services and different product offerings.
It was critical to respond to PWCS’s immediate needs however during the early stages of the tender process it was identified that there were a number of HR and I/O Organisational Psychology gaps in their current solution and best practice.
Beilby Downing Teal was successful in winning the tender and still services PWCS today. We provide PWCS with
- Independent testing across 4 levels of PWCS employee classification which are fit for purpose and priced on complexity of solution
- Recruitment process outsourcing – Beilby Downing Teal consultants process applications with OPRA Australia providing independent Psychometric assessments
- Executive and targeted search for senior and difficult to fill roles
- Contingent recruitment for staffing roles
- Outplacement for wages, salaries and executives in line with the changing nature of the logistics supply chain
- Third party background and qualification checking
Beilby Downing Teal and OPRA Australia have serviced PWCS on 176 assignments which include;
- Executive search for a CFO, HR Manager, Manager of Operations, Manager of Maintenance, Manager Asset & Infrastructure Services, Manager Safety
- Psychometric profiling for apprentices through to the Chief Information Officers
- Leadership development and 360 Feedback
- Temporary placements and outplacement